With the weather finally cooling off here in Southern Texas, I have been really into making more soups and stews. Of course, you can’t have an amazing bowl of soup without a delicious, buttery, roll to go with it right?
I made a large pot of chicken noodle soup last week, and needed some sort of bread to go with it. I didn’t have any actual bread, and didn’t think that biscuits would go well with my soup. My Bread Machine* has been pretty neglected as of late, since I haven’t been making bread from scratch recently.
Here’s where these buttery dinner rolls come in. Besides being easy to make with the bread machine, the dough turned out so smooth. Really, it wasn’t sticky, nor was it tight.
I used my handy dandy Silicone Pastry Mat* to roll out my dough into 24 equal parts.
Then I pathetically shaped each into a ball. Maybe my dough needed to be a little more sticky to make perfectly shaped balls.
Mmm! These are perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. You can make them a day or two in advance and they will stay soft. Believe me, mine were still soft as can be even after 5 days!
If you don’t want to bake them until day of, you could even freeze the dough balls until you are ready to bake. Easy peasy.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine according to manufacturer directions.
- Set on dough cycle
- Once cycle is complete, roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Divide into 24 equal portions, and form each portion into a ball.
- Place shaped dough balls onto a greased 13x9 baking pan
- Let rise in a warm area for 30-45 minutes, until almost doubled
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.
- Rub tops with butter while still warm.
*This post contains affiliate links, meaning purchasing items linked to in this post may result in a commission paid to me. All opinions expressed in this post are mine. Please read my full disclosure policy HERE.
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.