Sweet breads are some of my favorite recipes to whip up because they are easy to make, and you can eat a slice for breakfast or for a snack. Plus with so many versatile recipes out there, you never get bored.
My personal favorite is this chocolate chip pumpkin bread. It’s packed with the best Fall flavors, and the addition of chocolate makes it great for dessert too.
I use my Better Homes and Garden cookbook for the pumpkin bread recipe, then just add in some chocolate chips. I bet this recipe would be great with pecans or walnuts too, or a cream cheese swirl.
I love to enjoy a slice in the morning with big cup of coffee. Heaven.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups flour (I used 1 1/3 cups whole wheat, 2 cups all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease two loaf pans 3x9 loaf pans, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and oil
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- Alternating, add small amounts of flour mixture and water to wet ingredients, mixing after each addition, until all ingredients are added.
- Mix in pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pans, then carefully remove.
- You can freeze this bread for up to 3 months. Wrap in saran wrap and place in a Ziploc freezer bag.
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.