My awesome mother bought the husband and I a bunch of roasts, steaks, and hamburger for our Christmas present this year. You know you are getting old when that kind of thing really excites you.
One of those slabs of meat was a nice plump pork loin. I have never cooked using a pork loin before so I was curious as to what I could make with it. Of course I consulted with Mom, since she always has answers.
She said to try cooking it like a roast in the crock pot. The words “Roast” and “Crock Pot” are always music to my ears. I love *anything* I can cook in my Crock Pot. So, that’s exactly what I did. I looked on All Recipes for one that looked like a winner, but I didn’t really find one I liked, or had all of the ingredients for. Instead, I combined a few and came up with the BEST Crock Pot pork roast I’ve ever had! Here is what I did…
I started with a 4 lb pork loin. I ended up cutting it in half–not exactly 2lbs and 2lbs, maybe more like 2 1/2 and 1 1/2—and used the bigger part as my pork roast. The other half I cut into thick chops for later. I plopped that baby in my Crock Pot and threw in some diced up onion and 2 cloves of garlic chopped up. Then I combined about 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tbsps of lemon juice, 2 tbsps of brown sugar and a dash of soy sauce. I also threw in some rosemary, thyme, oregano, and lots of pepper. After mixing all of that up I poured it over my roast. I let that sit for a minute then threw some carrots on top. There wasn’t enough liquid to cook the roast in so I added about 1/2 cup of chicken broth—you could use vegetable broth as well—and cooked it on low for about 6 hours.
The smell throughout the day was AHmazing!
Here’s what it looked like after it cooked…Yummy!
To go with the roast I whipped up some mashed potatoes and gravy. Yes, you read that right-homemade gravy!
- 2 1/2-3 pound Pork Loin
- 1/2 Onion, diced,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsps Brown Sugar
- Rosemary, Thyme, Pepper, Oregano
- 1/2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Place Pork Loin in Crock Pot
- Toss in onion and garlic
- Combine all other ingredient except broth and pour over roast
- Throw in desired amount of carrots
- Add 1/2 cup of broth. May need more depending on roast size and amount of carrots. Make sure there is enough liquid to cook roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until no longer pink.
- Cut roast right before serving.
- In a small pot disolve 1/4 cup of cornstarch in water..not too much water to make it runny, but enough so it's not a paste.
- Whisk liquid over low heat until not clumpy
- Add in small amounts of roast drippings/liquid and whisk until mixed.
- Keep adding in liquid until desired gravy consistency.
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.