Layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and cheese make this Mexican 7-layer dip both flavorful and addicting. My husband and I can easily destroy a plate of this dip in no time.
Next to my garlic, bacon ranch cheeseball, this is my most requested appetizer to make for any gathering. Not only is it really easy to make, but it is SO unbelievably good.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can help keep this blog running at no additional cost to you! Read my full disclosure policy here.
The recipe calls for green onion but you can also use regular onion as well. The green onion is a little more flavorful and makes the dip more colorful. And who doesn’t like a colorful appetizer?
I’ll be honest though, when I make it to my taste it’s usually a 5-layer dip. I do not eat black olives, and am not a fan of tomatoes. If I have my choice those two toppings never make it onto my Mexican 7-layer dip and I’m just fine without them.
This dip is extremely easy to make–literally all of the ingredients are layered one on top of the other until you have a delicious Mexican flavored concoction!!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container pre made guacamole (or make your own)
- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 can black olives
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside
- On a platter or shallow dish, spread out 1 can of refried beans smooth.
- Next layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- Spoon on sour cream mixture and spread over the guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese, green onion, tomato and black olives over top of the shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Looking for more snack ideas? Check these out:
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.