I’ve been making this Parmesan breaded chicken for as long as I’ve lived on my own. It’s basically Shake ‘n’ Bake, minus all of the MSG, sodium, and other chemicals.
Oh yea, I don’t use a bag but you could.
If you’re into that sort of thing.
Basically I just combine Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and some spices in a bowl, let my chicken roll around in it, then bake.
I like to serve mine over fettuccine Alfredo, with homemade sauce, but you could just eat the chicken as is. It’s a perfect, simple, weeknight meal, that can be ready in 30 minutes.
- 2lb chicken tenders (or breasts cut into strips)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil
- Wash chicken tenders in cold water, but do not pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Toss each chicken tender in breadcrumb mixture until coated. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn chicken, bake for 10 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over fettuccine Alfredo or as is.