It’s that time of year. The time where pumpkin spice everything invades your coffee shops, grocery stores, and even your social media feeds.
Don’t get me wrong, though. I do enjoy some pumpkin spice.
For the month of October, I’ll be sharing a new Fall inspired dessert each week. First up is a super simple recipe for pumpkin spice bars, topped with a creamy, sweet cream cheese frosting. You won’t believe how easy this recipe is to make.
These bars are very cake like, but thin like a bar should be. There are only 3 ingredients for the bars, and 4 ingredients for the frosting. Overall, I’d say that’s pretty darn easy!
These pumpkin spice bars are so moist and flavorful, and the cream cheese frosting really gives it that extra bit of sweetness. I even used a little bit of pumpkin spice in the cream cheese to make them that much more festive.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret too. This recipe is SO very versatile. You can use just about any cake mix, and any can of filling to make the variation on these fit for any season. My personal favorite is using lemon cake mix and lemon pie filling. So refreshing in the summer time!
- 1 Spice Cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 12 x 17" jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin and eggs together until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter and milk until smooth
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- If you are using pumpkin pie spice, add while incorporating powdered sugar.
- Spread frosting onto cooled Pumpkin Spice Bars.
- Let bars set up in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Here’s some other desserts you’ll love: