I love Red Velvet.
I love cookies.
I love white chocolate.
I love cream cheese.
I love making up things as I go along.
Mix all of those things together, and you get these ooey, gooey, Red Velvet White Chip Cookies. Really these were pretty easy to throw together. I bought a Red Velvet Cake box mix (yea I know, don’t judge) to make some red velvet puppy chow a few weeks ago. I thought, “hey it’s Valentine’s Day, and Red Velvet is, well, red, so let’s try it”. Let’s just say, that was a giant FAIL. So giant that I don’t think any experimentation could have saved it.
Luckily, I only wasted half of the cake mix. While I was trying to come up with all the ways I could use the rest of the mix, I got a huge craving for my Chocolate White Chip cookies. Really, it doesn’t take much for me to get a craving for these, but I did none the less. Then it hit me. Why not do a spin on these, using the Red Velvet cake mix? Then I made it just a teensy bit more awesome by throwing some cream cheese in there too. Yea, this recipe is not going to be one for all those “I’m going to lose 25 pounds by summer” New Year’s Resolutioners. But I’m not one of those. I’ll take my cookies, extra cream cheese, butter and sugar, thank you very much.
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese, until smooth.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, until well combined.
- Beat in cake mix, and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- It may be necessary to add in an extra tablespoon or 2 of flour.
Linking up to these great parties
Love what you see??
Subscribe to get our weekly email updates and subscriber only freebies. You'll never miss out on recipes, DIY projects or helpful tips and life hacks.